How Long Does it Take to Hack a 3 Digit Combo Lock?
If you’ve ever wondered how long exactly it takes to find out the combination to a 3 digit code / combo lock, today’s your day! There is some wiggle room between the “on paper” time it should take, and the real life time that it takes. Check it out.
In theory, practice and theory are the same. In practice, they are not.
Some things that need to be accounted for when you are trying to figure out how long it takes to use a brute force numbers attack on a mechanical combination lock.
- Sometimes people skip numbers or repeat numbers because this is mind numbing…
- Sometimes your hands, neck, back etc. need a break or need to change positions (that’s what she said)
- When you don’t know the code (I knew the code for this lab test) you tend to go slower.
- Sometimes mechanical dials are a little sticky, sometimes you need to double check to make sure your combo wheel digit isn’t resting in between two numbers, or in a half-position.
- You need to know the RULES of the lock, mainly for this exercise you need to know how to open the shackle (some shackles are push to open, some are pull to open).
- Annnnnd of course, more. etc.
I do have some very valuable cheat sheets in the works that will be purchasable downloadable documents soon if you’re looking for a way to support this type of content and the type of community we’re building over at Insurgency Knitting Circle on Discord! Don’t go away! We’re working on even more value every day!
Below is our link to our Discord channel “Insurgency Knitting Circle”. Join us to chat in real time with me and some of the other cohosts as well as members of the tactical and liberty community. Our community that shares and creates content and knowledge on an almost 24/7 schedule! A very positive place with lots of good people, and growing!
At Uncensored Tactical we drink, we use adult language and make adult jokes about tools, tactics, training, leadership, humor and much more. But don’t be fooled, this content is VERY serious, although presented loosely. In law enforcement and in military operations and in every day civilian security practice you may have to take a life. If we are going to talk about taking lives and risking our own lives I think it’s reasonable that we also are able to express ourselves freely and paint a picture with whatever language and style we choose.
Thanks so much for spending time checking out the content here, it means a lot to me. The best ways to support this project and the sharing of this information is to share this content with your friends that may also find value from this info. And to follow us here at the website and where I am the most active, Instagram @UncensoredTactical.
Feel free to drop us a line *HERE* with questions, comments, concerns, topics you’d like to see presented or anything else!
And if you have anything you’d like to come on the air to talk about to our audience please send me an email *HERE*!
Bring your humor, use smart tactics, and stay legal.